The nationally accredited Certificate III in Commercial Cookery is designed to equip participants with the skill and knowledge required to enter the exciting world of cookery and the culinary arts with emphasis on five star training. Covering a broad range of skills, knowledge and application within a diverse range of the cooking industry.
- Students must be 18 years of age on commencement of the course
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.5 or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 (or equivalent)
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES AND SKILLS
Technical culinary proficiency
Menu planning and costing
Prepare food and dietary requirements
Hygiene and Safety
Successful completion of this course provides the skills and knowledge to perform as a qualified cook or chef in a restaurant, hotel, cafe, or health care environment.
Classroom based delivery[Face-to-Face] and and Training Kitchen.
During the course you are required to complete a minimum of 48 service periods (shifts) where you’ll safely and hygienically prepare, cook and present menu items.
During the course students are required to complete a minimum of 48 service periods (shifts) where students will safely and hygienically prepare, cook and present menu items.
KITCHEN TRAINING VENUE
We have an agreement with Bay Leaf Catering pty Ltd, 17-21 Buckhurst Street, South, Melbourne,
Victoria for the practical classes. The facility is equipped with 44 individual work stations, 44 gas ovens
with 4 burner cooktops, 2 presenter benches, shared cool room, shared commercial washing station
Assessment methods vary and may include written assignments, knowledge tests, research tasks, projects, case studies, observations, practical tasks and role plays/demonstrations
- Students are required to bring a note-pad to every training session and may bring their own Laptop / Computer Tablet.
- Mint Training will provide you with all other resources such as Wi-Fi internet connection and are included in the course fee.
- Students are required to wear chef’s uniform for training sessions in the kitchen and for work placement (if applicable). This can be purchased for approximately $500 and is NOT included in the tuition fee.
- Students are required to have their own knife set that can be purchased for approximately $350 and is NOT included in the tuition fee.
- Mint Training will provide you with all other resources such as raw food (for kitchen training).
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
RPL allows students to gain recognition of skills and knowledge they have achieved through on the job training, formal or informal education and life experience.
Applicants are assessed on a case-by-case basis. A comprehensive RPL assessment tool will need to be completed and each unit will be addressed individually.
To know more about how RPL is conducted please refer to the following documents:
CREDIT TRANSFER (CT)
Students may be able to shorten the length of their chosen qualification by taking into account previous studies.
Mint Training recognises Australian registered training organisations for credit transfers.
Credit Transfers will be granted upon the receipt of sufficient evidence to support the application.
Please click here for Fees & Charges.
Please call 1300 130 432 if you are having issues accessing this information.
Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Work effectively with others
Use food preparation equipment
Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
Prepare appetisers and salads
Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
Prepare poultry dishes
Prepare seafood dishes
Prepare meat dishes
Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
Produce cakes, pastries and breads
Work effectively as a cook
Clean kitchen premises and equipment
Plan and cost basic menus
Use hygienic practices for food safety
Participate in safe food handling practices
Coach others in job skills
Maintain the quality of perishable items
Participate in safe work practices
Produce and serve food for buffets
Handle and serve cheese
Provide first aid
Provide service to customers